Snack Ideas

My 5yr old son is starting Kindergarten on Monday and is required to bring an afternoon snack to school. I will be going grocery shopping in the AM and was hoping ya'll can give me some snack ideas for me to add to my list. Thanks in advance!

joannakitler

Asked by joannakitler at 11:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in

• Pretzels, Raisins or any dried fruits, popcorn, apples, pears, bananas, if nuts are allowed then peanut butter crackers and sandwiches make good snacks. Trail mix, granola bars, Special K bars, banana chips and veggie chips are all favorites of my son.
    I agree with tyfry7496. If you can keep the food cold in a lunch pail or the teacher does have a fridge good things are cheese and crackers, yogurt, hummus and pita chips, turkey-cheese-crackers are good, celery and cream cheese.... There are tons options! Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:10 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• sliced apples, yogurt(gogurt) teddy grahams, oranges, cheez-its, raisins, fruit gummy snacks, celery w/peanut butter(which you can also have with the apples) but check for allergies. crackers of any sort, caprisuns.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• granola bars, fruit leathers, cheese strings, apple sauce, fruit in a cup, fishy crackers, animal cookies, oranges, i dunno what theyre called..but those crackers, or bread sticks that come in a package and ya dip them in the cheese sauce stuff..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• grahm crackers, ritz crackers with cheese or peanut butter, slice up fruit your self and put in zip lock night before, pretzels, sunkist for a drink.&grapes. my daughter likes a boiled egg for a snack but she.s a picky eater and she's three. zip lock some cerial like honey nut cheerios, or grahms, or fruit loops etc. i dont give my daughter capri sun cuz it destroys there teeth thats what my dentist said pure sugar str8 to rottin out her teeth....
    mamamia4baby

Answer by mamamia4baby at 2:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Unless the classroom has a refrigerator, do NOT bring things that need to be kept cold. Ask the teacher what she prefers, they usually have a list of snacks that are easy to serve, healthy and cause the least mess.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:49 PM on Aug. 21, 2009