What are your personal beliefs?

What are your personal beliefs? And how does that shape the type of person you are?

*Note there will be NO condescending remarks about any religion or belief system. I like to learn about these things and I will not have my learning muttled up with bickering. Thank you.

theyareallmine

Asked by theyareallmine at 11:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised in an extremely strict religious household with church or bible studies three times per week. Now that I am older and view things on a completely different level I have a totally different view. I don't believe in organized religion. I absolutely believe there is a God. I just don't believe He limits his blessings on one religion. I think faith is a very personal thing that is between you and God. It shapes me because I am moral and empathetic in all that I do. I do not need to go to a religious service to ensure that I do these things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I believe in the father (God) son (Jesus) and the Holy spirit...I believe in the bible every word of it.. I believe Jesus died for everyone's sins in the whole world.. And I believe in heaven and hell.. I believe if you ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and live for him you will go to heaven and if not you will go to hell.. I believe that the bible is being fulfilled and Jesus is about to come back...Praise God.... God bless

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am a born again Christian. That means I have accepted Christ as my savior from my sins. Yes, I believe in sin, hell and the devil. I also believe in God almighty, heaven, grace and love. I believe the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God. God spoke through the men that wrote the Bible. They wrote in their own style but God directed the content. I believe in the Holy Spirit, who lives in me and through whom I have a miraculous connection with God almighty. I believe in the church, that is all who believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. I also believe in the need of a local church for worship, teaching, prayer and fellowship. I believe in sharing my faith through my life as well as my words. I believe that God's love should influence all I say and do, that I should become more and more like Jesus himself. I believe one day I will see Him in glory, heaven. Where there will be no more sin or sorrow.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 11:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I belive in god and jesus. but i also belive in karma. if you do something bad to some one something bad will happen to you. i also belive in a the power of prayer. has i have prayied alot tonight. long story. i know the things i belive are kinda contridicitve.

the main thing that i live my life by is if you are good person treat people right and are always honest god will bless you. has he did tonight he spare mine and my sons life. When we were in a bad car accendent. we walked away without a scratch.
    Stephie280

Answer by Stephie280 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• I am a wacky one when it comes to this topic. And I have a plethora of names that I am called. I believe in so many things but since I am a spiritualist/Christian I tend to research all avenues of religion and not just Christianity.
    Like I meditate and do Yoga, I believe in Herbalism and Faeries, and so on and so forth. I also took a big of feminism from from other religions. Yet I do believe in Jesus as my Lord and Savior and baptized last Sunday.
    Momma_Halo

Answer by Momma_Halo at 11:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• cont. How has it affected my life. It is my life. My faith literally took me from depression and the brink of suicide, to a life of joy, peace, and strength. I have walked in God's marvelous grace for 30 years now. So to tell you what He means to me would take more posts than I suppose anyone would have the time or patience to read. God is my life, my reason for waking up in the morning, my everything. In Him I live and move and have my being. Thanks for reading Kim Q

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am the same as anon. I was raised in a very strict religion as well. Why talk to someone when I can do that with my family. I believe in one God. I believe as well you need to be good to your neighbors as well as yourself. Help those that can't help theirselves. I put my family first before money. I read the bible and choose not to go to a church of any type. I always use please, thank-you's, yes sir, no mam, and please excuse me. You won't believe how many people go to church and still are rude when they say they live for God but don't do the right things. My kids are young but already are using manners.
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 12:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My beliefs are a bit unorthodox. I was raised in a lot of faiths as a child. I have been Catholic, Baptist, Mormon, Seventh-Day Adventist, Methodist, & Non-denominational. All of them felt like high school with the various cliques. I hated it and denounced all organized religion. I also feel like the Bible will go the way of the ancient religions at some point.

That is not to say that I don't believe that there is something out there. I think there is a God or Gods. I can't say because I don't know. There is nothing on this earth that is un-man-made that says what is the meaning of us and why are we here. But my soul does feel something is out there that speaks to me, guides me, protects me. Kinda like an earth mother type of thing. I think that we do pay for what we do-kinda like karma.

I think when we die we move on to the next place. There we will learn the answers we can't see here on earth. Life is to be experienced
    SteeleMommasita

Answer by SteeleMommasita at 12:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ladies, I cannot thank you enough for your honest answers! This is awesome...Ihope many more will answer here. I love to hear the Positive things about people's beliefs......
    theyareallmine

Answer by theyareallmine at 12:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My personal beliefs include compassion, love, kindness, equality, respect, determination, standing up for what i believe is right, and being honest with myself and others. It does not include belief in a god.
    I believe in reason and logic, but allow my feelings to help shape my path. I believe we are all human, we all love, all hurt, all have families we care for and struggles we encounter daily.
    I believe we are merely products of the circumstances of the universe. Our existence is as fleeting and insignificant as a fly, yet there is significance in OUR own lives which we determine on our own.
    My beliefs are both simple and complex. They are mine and mine alone. While someone may share some aspects of my beliefs I am the only one who knows them as they pertain solely to me.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2009