Halloween Costume

For me trick-or-treat is a big thing -- not like Christmas..but yea, I love it ! This year my son is going for his first time ... I would like to think of costumes for him and my daughter..and my friends son, who is 2 ( who goes with us )...to all match, or have costumes that go together..I thought of cowgirl and cowboys, or cows..but it is kind of over done, I have tons of pics of my daughter dressed as a cowgirl and my sons 1st b-day, which is 2 wees before will most likely be cowboy themed. I thought that it would be cute for him to be a spider, my daughter be a pumpkin and friends son be a ghost...like classic halloween. But I dont know.... Im also making the costumes and on a budget.... so can you let me have some ideas... and they dont really have to match or go together but that would be a bonus !

My daughter has already been a pony, kitty and a ladybug..so i dont really want to re-do those...

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What about The Wizzard of Oz theme? I think the costumes could be cute and pretty inexpensive. good luck! I'm taking my son trick or treating for the first time this year- I can't wait!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• Actually we did think about that..my daughter would be dorathy, my son the scarecrow and jacob was going to be the lion since we already had the lion costume...we are kind of using that as a bacup one..because the kids dont really know the movie or anything...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my two went as spaghetti and meatballs. one child was the spaghetti ( yellow yarn glued on a red sweat outfit with a paper plate hat and yarn, red sauce which was paint and plastic fork sticking out) the other did the same but with meat balls ( hot glued big brown pom poms)
    they turned out cute. my dd refused to wear the meatballs, thats why she was just spaghetti
    giftmom

Answer by giftmom at 12:17 AM on Aug. 23, 2009

• Have you thought about an easy fairy for your daughter, and leprechaun for your son.
    for the Fairy just take a metal wire hanger and bend the hanger part into a wing shape, do that to two hangers. Than you use duct tape to hold the two tops of the hangers together. Once you have the duct tape on them , you can go over with color ribbons to hide duct tape, than you let your daughter decide where to tie ribbons off on the bottoms of the wings. Than take elmers glue and put on hanger and take colored tissue paper and lay over the hanger and once glue is dry cut off excess, do the same for other side of hanger and the other hanger as well
    Now you take colored elastic cord and tie it to center of wings making two loops large enough to put over your daughters shoulders. Than she can wear even her coat if it's cold
    For her headpiece just take a headband and glue ribbons on it and let them have tails coming off .
    Mystrose

Answer by Mystrose at 10:21 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Use body glitter to put on her face and backs of her hands.

For the leprechaun really easy dress him in all green and find a knobby stick while going on a walk to be his Shillelagh [pronounced (sha-lay-lee), it's a leprechauns walking stick].
    Mystrose

Answer by Mystrose at 10:25 PM on Aug. 24, 2009

• Mike, Sullivan, and Boo from Monster's INC

Ariel, flounder, and Sebastian

SheWoman

Answer by SheWoman at 2:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2009