Food and drink suggestions for a party

I need a massive amount of help!!! I'm throwing a party on Saturday night, and it seems like everything is going wrong! I was gonna serve appletinis because I found a nice mixer at Walmart. Well I went to stock up for the party and they were sold out!! So I think we're gonna make mojitos and pina coladas instead. Do I use the same type of rum for both of those? Either coconut rum or light rum? I'm sooo confused..

Also I'm having everyone bring a snack to serve or whatever, and I bought some of that cheese dip like at the Mexican restaurants, but it's so expensive, so I only bought 2 tubs. I need ideas on how to make it go further, because I know everyone loves cheese dip! My mom suggested mixing in hamburger meat and some taco seasoning. What do you think?

Any suggestions would be great!! Also I need more ideas for food! Thanks!

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 11:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would suggest instead of adding to the dip and risking the chance of messing it up, that you just leave it as is and just serve it with tortilla chips. I would then take the money you were going to spend adding stuff to the dip and use that money to purchase additional snacks to increase the amount of snacks you can offer as well as increase variety ;)
    here are a few suggestions:
    -Get some cocktail weinies and bbq them and serve them with toothpicks
    -Get cocktail weinies and wrap them in cut grocery biscuit dough and bake them to make pigs in a blanket
    -purchase hamburger, fry it ground (like you would for tacos) then add a pouch of french onion soup, separate store brand crosants rolls, place a teaspoon of the mix on the roll, add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, then bring ends of roll up to form a pouch,and bake till golden.
    -Make a cheeseball and serve with ritz crackers
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009

• You can also make a cold taco dip:
    2 cans refried beans
    mix that with one pouch taco seasoning
    spread on the bottom of a decorative serving dish
    add on top of this a layer of the following:
    Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
    sour cream
    salsa
    diced tomatoes and diced lettuce
    *and whatever else you like such as black olives, diced onions,etc.
    serve with tortillia chips

You can also serve additional things that help with snacking that are simple and inexpensive, such as olives, or small pickles.

You could do salami wrap ups! My husband loves these. You take salami from the grocery deli and take each slice add a light layer of either cream cheese or french onion chip dip and just roll them up.

Fruit salad is a great option also! or even fruit kabobs! :)

Anyway- hope these helped! Don't stress about your party!! When you stress you never have fun! it will all work out! Have F
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I always go to foodnetwork.com and get good ideas from there!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2009