Chicken Pox..

My kids have the chicken pox and I am a my wits end.. They have had it 3.. es 3 differnt times in the past mon. All 3 have had them and i is wit in days of echother.I have done everyting including scruing the tub after each one has their own Oatmeal bath. The Dr. siad it is rare and my kids are having blood tests and everything. Has anyone else heard of this or had this happen? And They all have had the Shots...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my daughter had it mildly and had the shots. It is not severe rash is it?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• They can still get chickenpox, but it's not supposed to be severe as it would be without the shot. I would buy stock in calamine lotion and rub them down. You reminded me of the time all five of my sibblings and myself got the chickenpox thanks to older brother. We were miserable. Make sure it doesn't get too close to their eyes. Time for an er visit if it gets too close to their eyes!!!
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 12:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The Varicella vaccine doesn't guarantee your kids won't get chicken pox. No vaccine is 100% effective. The vaccine should prevent them from getting a severe case of it though. Generally, if you get a hearty full blown case of CP you will only get it once.

My brother had CP twice. His first case was very mild. I had it once, full blown CP.

I'm guessing your kids have a mild case.

What's happening with your kids is not very common, as the doctor stated, but not impossible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Wait, they've had it 3 times each? That is extremely uncommon. Most of the time, if they get a very mild case, they are under a year, and can get it again. This is most typically the case with getting it more than once. I mean, anything's possible. It sucks, though!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 3:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• IF they have had it 3 times each, they are not getting chicken pox, a person can only get the chicken pox 1 time. If they are getting it more than that, it is Shingles or something else. The chicken pox vaccines doesn't prevent a child from getting the pox, but lessens the severity of the cases. Just like any other vaccine. You need to bring the kids to an Infectious Disease doctor and find out what is going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm sorry your children are sick and I hope they feel better soon. Sounds like you are doing everything right! I would ask your pediatrician what you can do to prevent them from getting it again. Consider joining the chicken pox party group. There are lots of moms who would love for their children to be able to get a natural immunity from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Aug. 22, 2009

• How are your children feeling now? Hopefully they feel better. I have never heard of chicken pox this many times. I would have your doctor do some testing and also ask what they recommend.
    LuvOurFamily

Answer by LuvOurFamily at 6:58 PM on Aug. 23, 2009

• We could use chicken pox at the the chicken pox party group! Seriously hope your children are well soon!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 23, 2009