what was your birth plan and did you hand out copies when you were giving birth?

I want to write up a birth plan but I'm looking 4 some examples to help guide me.

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 12:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I put that all on facebook and twitter and myspace. LOL I didn't have a birth plan. I just knew i was going to get the epideral and go from there. Sooner or later the baby would come it didn't matter how. Though I was determined to avoid a c-section as much as possible.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Really.. a birth plan? My only plan was to get the baby, which was in, out!! Ya'll have too much time on your hands. Trust me, with the way things can go from good to bad in an instant, there ain't one Dr. who will take "your birth plan" seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think it's great to invision how you'll want things before it actually happens. When you're in a ton of pain I'm sure you'll change your mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Birt plans are a great way to find out more information about birth practices. There are so many things to consider it is good to learn about everything and make a plan so that you know which medications and proceedures you feel are worth the set of risks that they come with. It is also a good tool to use to make sure that you and your husband are on the same page. Check out the post, Everything You Need to Know About Birth Plans. You might have to join the group first.

squish

Answer by squish at 12:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• from what I hear, it's a waste to have a birth plan O_o cause it won't go according to the plan lol
    but hey!
    heres some.
    how many people can come in at a time, who's going to be in the room, so on so on
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• lol thats pretty much my birth plan with the exception that hubby cuts the umbilical cord no matter what and i REALLLLLLY dont want an episiotomy unless absolutely necessary
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had a birth plan and my doctor told me he was going to do his best to follow it. I put things about how I was going to breastfeed and about how they will not give him a pacifier and bottle. I didn't want a epidural. I didn't want student nurses or more than two nurses in the room at one time. No cutting, no enema, nothing I felt wasn't needed.

Most of these were followed such as the epidural and the nurse thing. I sadly had a c section so not everything was followed. But it was my fault I had it because I didn't put my foot down and tell them no (it wasn't needed). Be firm in what you want your birth to go like. It's YOUR birth and they can't legally tell you that you can't have/or not have.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2009