Every time I get sick or have a pain I think I have cancer or I'm going to die.

Well first, I have been having intestine(bad cramping) and BAD bowel problems( you KNOW what I mean) and recently have been bleeding when I poo, which is probably just fissures from being sick for so long. This feeling sick started around sunday morning.

I have been freaking out and thinking I have colon cancer, blockage in my intestine, ectopic pregnancy(no idea why I would even think that) or internal bleeding and I'm going to die. I have no idea where this fear comes from, but it's really stressin me. I'm sure it's just a bug, but I can't help the freaking out.

I have no insurance so I don't have a way of reassuring my self that I'm fine(by going to a doctor), or getting anti-anxiety meds. What should I do to "chill" myself?

Thanks to everyone who answered my last few questions, sorry there are so many.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• research on the internet. or apply for medicaid so you can go to the doctor.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• oh love.... I feel for you. U need a colonoscopy (spell?) badly. I'd highly HIGHLY suggest the following.
    Wait til there is again active bleeding and head to the ER. Insist they take a stool sample. They will probably also do an abdominal ultrasound to check for blockages and stuff. Then they'll assist you in applying for some kind of insurance (medicaid, whateverrrr!) and then refer you to a local free or sliding scale clinic to fetch your test results a few days later. WORST case scenerio is you're billed for the ER visit and labs, ok? So you immediately set up a payment plan. Every hospital on the planet's billing departments are bogged with collections and bankruptcies these days. they'll happily accept $5 a pay period from you. GOOD LUCK
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Purp: that can take a long time. time she possibly doesnt have. she can apply for medicaid after she's been seen in the ER. she'll probably qualify... and then they'll pay the back medical bill for the ER visit.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Cauliflower makes a great gift!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Sounds like I could have written this question. Except I am not bleeding from there. I have been bleeding vaginially for months. Not very heavy but just a constant discharge and twice already I have passed clots the size of golfballs. I am constantly in pain. Abdominal and lower back for so long that I have just learned to live with it. I go through pads and pantyliners like you wouldn't believe. I guess I will have no choice but to get emergency Medi-cal.GL.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• DO NOT research on the internet it will just make you think that you have it more!

trust me i have anxiety disorder and it sounds like you do too and the internet is the last place to go! just calm down.

first are you on anti depressants and also taking motrin? SSRI's plus motrin cause BAD cramping... i should know i've done it on accident! and then it makes your stomach bleed (the cause for the cramps) making your poo bleed.

to 'chill' yourself just meditate. and not think about it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• what are you people doing with these health issues and no medical care? Insurance is not an issue....there are family planning/planned parenthoods EVERYWHERE that could help you! If not, go to the ER and they HAVE to treat you. Worry about the payment/paperwork AFTER the fact.
    These are REAL problems!
    I am so sad for you right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Dont worry i think many people have this problem happen to me a couple of months ago ...it runs in my Fam. like this genetic panic attacks you should research maybe your mom or grandmother. Especially if you've been sick so long !! my hubby had bloody stool the eR dr. tested him ok and says it happens when u eat something w/ bacteria....but i strongly agree that you should see the Dr. just to ease ur worries. Try some natural medicine like a olive oil cleanse 1 tblspn of olive oil and lemon works well! God bless YoU ...and chill out !!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My Grammy always told me this about the lumps in her breasts when I found one in mine - if it doesn't hurt then it's cancer. So far, and several biopsies later, she's been correct, but I'm positive it's not an exact science.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009