Is there something wrong with me...

Ever since I can remember, I've never been much of a friend. I don't want to sound like a b*tch or anything, but I just can't seem to laugh at the things that other girls laugh at. I also don't like shopping. Maybe it's the fact that I have 4 brothers, but I just don't find other girls all that interesting. I mean, I TRY to make girl-friends, but I end up entertaining myself in the end- and I like it that way. The only problem is, that I want to meet a girl who is willing to appreciate me for me. I'm bluntly honest, I'm nice and I love art.

Why am I having this problem? What am I doing wrong? I feel so disengaged with my own gender!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• I dislike shopping and girlie things as well. My SO thinks there is something wrong with me because of it, I tell him to STFU.
    Candice369

Answer by Candice369 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't think there's a single thing wrong with you. You're just hanging out with the wrong people!

If you love art, then perhaps taking an art class or becoming a member at a museum would be good for you. Or attending events at a local gallery, where you can find like-minded individuals.

I've personally always gotten along better with men than with women.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i understand and believe that if you own anything (claime it) you become that good or bad what i'm saying is you mention you don't have same interest as other woman ect...perhaps if you allowed yourself to blend with a group of women regardless of the differnce embrace that that is the benefits to having friends we each bring something different, regardless of what you should be able to relate to a women period simply because you are a woman i will say this every i mean ever female should have a good girlfreind atleast 1 that is just the common ground we share. that is really to bad that you don't have a good girl friend
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• because your not being nice thats why,i dont mean this in any evil way but i have a pal that sounds just like you,and she keeps saying she is just honest but really truth is she is very rude,i tell her all the time when it comes to people you gotta work with all people not just some,i tell you one thing i know you are a real friend to who ever you are a friend to.cause she is,and idk if you say this often but she has this thing for saying girls compete way too much and we are all jelous,do you say that often?? i find her one my greatest friends but i also know that she needs to change the way she approches people,but then again we all have something wrong with us ,so please dont take it wrong cause like i said i know you are good to those you like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No. That's the funny part. I'm blunt, but only when I find it my place to be. I'm actually quite nice and don't get me wrong.. people like me. I just feel so disengaged from them. For example, I have this- well I guess she's my friend.. lol. She likes hanging out with me, BUT I don't like doing the same things she does. She likes shopping and I hate it!! She likes going out for sushi and eating out all the time.. things that I just don't do. I'm no prude, don't get me wrong! I'm just not super social- I guess you could say. Oh- and I can't stand ignorance, and I do call out people for it. I don't like people who treat the less fortunate badly- and I live in Vegas, so that happens all the time and I get pissed. And I guess you could see it in my face. I dunno- maybe I am a bitch, maybe you're right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• shoot just tell her you dont like shopping but you like art and go some where you can both enjoy and no! i do not think you a B**** thats the last thing i even think of my owm friend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You sould alot like me :D i do not like to go shopping and i do not get along well with other women. I wont go into what i find most women to be like, lol I have my hobby's and most of my real friends are guys. Try finding guys to hang out with and see if that works for you, lol go fishing, do s[ports, try anything that you can wear bluejeans and a tshirt and have fun. :D Do what ever you feel is right and can make you laugh. Or if you want friends that are girl find ones that like the same things as you do. Alot of women are that way you just dont see them because they are not [putting themselfs out in the [public eye
    Saberlilly

Answer by Saberlilly at 2:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009