baby keeps thumping on one side?

why is that? has anyone had this? i'm 35 weeks along and she just keeps kicking or jerking on my lower left side. i know she is head down. does this sound normal? it doesn't hurt and she usually would be up at this time of night, but it seems so rhythmic. any ideas before i call the doc? thanks!

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 12:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try www.spinningbabies.com
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Hi, I'm 37 weeks and I've experienced the same thing. It might just be hiccups or the baby is sucking her thumb, could even just be waving her little arm around. You never know. I wouldn't worry about it, the important thing is that you feel movement. My son will sometimes jerk around by my pelvic bone too, just a second ago he had a kicking fit and was turning and going all kinds of crazy in there. It looked like an alien was about to pop out of my belly button for a minute lol. I'm sure your fine.
    YoucancallmeGod

Answer by YoucancallmeGod at 12:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• she is probably just in the same spot because she has no where else to go. she cant stretch out anymore and its probably just her foot. the only reason you should call the doc is if she quits moving.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Last night I felt something similar. It felt like she was just thumping my lower right side for the longest time. I have no idea what she was doing.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• cool! thanks everyone! i feel much more at ease and can go to sleep now! thanks girls!
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• HICCUPS....I really am serious. When I was pregnant with my son, all I could picture was him twitching in there...but it turned out to be harmless, cute yet irritating hiccups
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my son did that when i was pregnant and i never could figure out what it was and then when he was born he was curled up on my chest and was jerking his feet, he did that when he slept for the longest time, hope this helps
    RCPerry511

Answer by RCPerry511 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 21, 2009