I am being induced in the morning. I am 3cm dilated and 70% effaced. Any advice on what to expect?

mom662

Asked by mom662 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pit to distress
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think it wil go pretty fast. Best Wishes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had a very lovely induction with my second baby. I went in at 8am, they started the pitocin at 10:30am. I had contractions but they were painless. At 2pm I was 6cm dilated and they broke my water. My baby was born 61 minutes later. I pushed six times. It was the easiest of my three births. So try not to worry to much.
    Good luck, you should be holding your LO by this time tomorrow night. :D
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I was in labor for a few hours on pitocin with my first and got to 7 1/2 cm and the contractions were bad but bearable til the epidural and then life was good.That's all I can tell you though because it turned into an emergency csection (cord was around her neck)Good luck!!!
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• good luck and best wishes, congratz btw
    Saberlilly

Answer by Saberlilly at 1:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Expect a baby!!! Good luck!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 1:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Well the previous ladies didn't answer too well..

You will get to the hospital & get an IV started. They will hook up the heartbeat & contraction monitors on your belly & start pitocin through your IV. My dr broke my water both times at the very beginning. Depends on the dr though. They will continue to slowly up the pitocin until your little one is born. It sounds like your labor will be pretty quick. Best of luck!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 1:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• lol i saw this Q when it was first new but my hubbs gphone wouldnt cooperate but i wanted to say 'a baby!' but clhadley stole my thunder ;]

i was induced from 0 dilated to 0 effaced and really until 3 CM's i felt miled cramping, then i got an epi and they broke my water and they turned down the pitocin and i didnt feel ANYTHING until i had to push
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009