is this excessive?

y supply took a little dive so tomorrow and maybe the next day I'm going to pump every hour. I know I won't get much at each session, but I'm hoping it will give me a good boost in my supply. I'm still getting enough to feed dd, but would like to get extra to store in the freezer so that I can go out and find a job. what do you think? is that too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I take more milk plus when I feel my supply is low. Have you ever thought about working from home? Breastfeeding is one of the main reasons why I have chosen to work from home. I recently started working from home and I must say I really like what I do. I work with a great team of Moms. We all help each other reach our goals. We help people create income from home.
    No parties, No inventory, No MLM! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID… NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS.
    I'd love to tell you more about our team and introduce you to the business!

Visit me at:
    www.4MyFamilyandMe.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• pumping will help get your supply going. the more you pump the more your body makes MORE milk... thats a good idea.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Personally, I would just nurse more often. It sounds like a LOT of work. But I hate pumping. With a passion.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If you're comfortable with taking herbs to help increase your supply, pick up some Fenugreek. Take 2-4 capsules 3 times a day, and continue pumping. Also, as Arisce mentioned, you could nurse your baby more often too...if she'll take it, that is. Baby is much more efficient at removing milk that your pump is. But if she won't nurse more often, pumping is still a good idea.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009