im going to be induced tomorrow .....

ok so im going to be induced at 5pm tomorrow night and being as this is my first child im kinda nervous on what to expect???? any help?

avigrl88

Asked by avigrl88 at 1:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced last week with my first child and it went very smoothly. The best advice I can give you is to relax. I was dialated to 2 when they started pitocin, an hour and half later they broke my water and the contractions got really strong, stayed dilated at 2.5 for seveal hours cause I couldn't relax, they then gave me an IV drug cause the hospital I was at doesn't do epidurals. 40 minutes later I was at 7 and 2 hours later my DD was born. So don't worry and try to relax it makes things so much easier. And also make sure to talk to ur nurses they can help you and are around alot more then your DR. they also can talk to your Dr about any concerns you might have.
    mandarellee

Answer by mandarellee at 4:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• bring sippy drinks, for breasfeeding you get dehydrated! also your Bible and watch Fox News! I will be praying for you!-God Bless You!2
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• question above me made no sence lol

you will expect to wait when you get there they will prep you and then when it is time take u to the E R

once u are in the operating room they will give you your spinal tap wich hurts dont get me wrong but then you wont feel a thing
    theyll drape somthing over you from your belly down
    then they will make there first cut int o you and then pull your baby out and you will see ur bundle of joy
    you wont be able to eat til the next day or get up do u will have a cathidar in u
    an you will be sore an have to walk again good luck
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• but they didnt say i was gonna have a csection????
    avigrl88

Answer by avigrl88 at 2:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Your not going too-they would tell you..trust me.
    she misunderstood your question.
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• They will insert something, I dont know what its called... but it basically softens you up! Thats what they told my bf when they induced her.... then she started getting contractions a few hours later and BAM.... she had a baby! LOL.... its nothing to worry about! Its just like a normal delivery, just with a little extra help! Congrats and I wish you the best of luck! :)
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 2:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Actually, you have a 50% chance of having a c-section if this is your first child and you are being induced. You do not have to be induced. Please make sure the reason for induction truly outweighs the risk of the problem you are being induced for. Simply being post-dates is not a good indication for induction.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If your body isn't ready, inductions have a much higher fail rate and can definitlely lead to a c-section. If you have a high Bishop Score (that is they assess you for labor readiness) your chances are better. You will also have a much better chance of a smooth induction if you do not allow them to use a drug called cytotec/misprostol - it is NOT approved nor safe for use on pregnant women (it says it on the label). Have coping mechanisms to deal with the harder contractions produced by pitocin; the epidural doesn't work the same for all women and there are times it doesn't work at all or only half the body. Insist they keep the epidural at a light dose so that you can feel and move around; stay off your back. They'll need to monitor you but you can insist on intermittant monitoring so you can be mobile. Avoid having your water broken, its a cushion that will help. You can also say NO to induction
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• One more thing, if they don't rush you and take care there will be no need to for an episiotomy (when they cut your perineum on purpose). It is unnecessary except in rare circumstances. You won't necessarily tear if the attending physician isn't in a hurry, you can actually feel when you push, and if the physician cares about doing all he/she can to prevent the need for stitching.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009