just an observation by an uneducated observer

is it me or are the democrats moving more toward the left and the republicans moving more towards the right?

i've always been pretty centrist in my views and lately i'm just hearing such radical things from both sides!

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 1:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think this Administration can go any more left, really. And yes- I have notice more Republicans who swee this which makes them lean even more right.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The reason why is because the president and admin are overreaching and it is pissing people off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• they want the euro!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• yeah obama's administration is going WAYYYYY too far left i've noticed. i was thinking once 'when the conservatives are starting to make sense i know we have a problem' because although im centrist i used to be a really left leaning centrist and now im 'kinda' a right leaning one (aka more in the middle but leaning toward the right)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• what are they doing soooo far to the left exactly? I dont feel that way at all, I am a democrat surrounded by republicans in my job, family, and entire state for the most part and so far I feel that other than this healthcare plan (still under review) , they are having a hard time finding things to complain about other than very vague assumptions.
    They bitched about having our guns taken away and now he has signed a piece of paper allowing us to take them into Nat'l Parks where they werent allowed before....I know there are more things going on than little things like that but I was just thinking that Obama and the admin were doing a good balancing act....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• see*
    BEXi

• It's a conservative backlash--in my opinion, everyone was starting to shift left. The Dems were moving ever far down the leftist line, and repubs were moving toward the center, as evidenced by the fact that there are so many repubs who are pro-choice, pro gay marriage, not bitching about all the entitlements, etc. But with the Obama admin. showing everyone what the far left is really all about, a lot of the right/center are afraid, and it's pushing them back toward conservatism. It's like "Whoa-hold on. It sounded good in theory, but this is really NOT what we want", so they naturally start moving away from it. This is a very good thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• now he has signed a piece of paper allowing us to take them into Nat'l Parks where they werent allowed before

No gwb did that before he left office
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2009