swine flu shot question

My husband just texted me and told me I needed to get the swine flu shot because since I am pregnant I am more at danger in getting swine flu. My question is has anyone got the shot and did you experience any side effects?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 2:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do not get it. it is dangerous and unneccesary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm required by my job to get the shot. I have yet to get it and am not looking forward to it. I still need to do some research on it. Unfortunately, if I don't get it I won't be able to continue working where I do. I work in a hospital. Just ask your doc if you're really not sure. They should be able to tell you what to do. GL.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 2:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• As a pregnant woman you are more susceptible to the swine flu...HOWEVER, that means it is more of a risk to get the shot! When getting a vaccine you are given a small amount of said flu, just like the regular flu shot, it could develop into the full thing. I do not suggest getting it. If you are overly concerned, talk to your doctor about it...but the best thing you can do is just keep washing your hands & don't hang out with those that are ill (which I'm hoping you already do both of those).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• thank you all very much I appreciate the answers and have decided against it.

Gemini I worked in a hopital as well and every year we HAD to get flu and TB shots if we refused we also were no longer able to work there
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:17 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i wouldnt get it being pregnant... especially because its BRAND new...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• They aren't even done testing it yet and it HAS NOT been tested on pregnant women so personally I would NOT get it. The last time they had an epidemic like this the vaccine killed more people then the flu itself. Scary stuff!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Personally if I didn't have to get it for work then I wouldn't get it, especially with the lack of testing and u being preg. If you practice good hygiene (which I'm sure you do) continue to do so and take good care of yourself.
    geminigirl18

Answer by geminigirl18 at 2:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009