How did you feel after you had a hysterectomy?

I am 30 years old and about to have a hysterectomy. I have been having complcations due to endometriosis for several years now and after 2 surgeries adn alot of pain meds later, my OB/GYN wants to take it all out. So I ask all of you, under 30, or even over 30, how did you feel afterwards. Also what medication, if any, do you take now. I have bee researching several and will be talking to my doctor about them a week before my surgery.
Thanks,
Michelle

midnitesun

Asked by midnitesun at 2:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• I had severe endometriosis too. I ended up having an ovary die from the endo. It had to be removed. The ovary and mass were removed by exploratory surgery vertically not horizontally to see everything. Not having the endo anymore made my surgery worth it and the recoop period. Hope you feel better soon yourself!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The 1st surget I had, was to remove the endo. Than 3 months later it came back,  and killed off  the left overay and tube, so that was removed. Along with twice as much endo. And now 3  4 months later, it's back, and looks to be killing off  everything else. The doctor would like to save some of it, but he told me that it might be a 20%-80% that he could.

midnitesun

Answer by midnitesun at 2:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had a hysterectomy when I was 38 (still have my ovaries).  Once I had recovered from my surgery I felt fabulous.   I'm going to be 46 on Tuesday and for the last couple of years I've been going though menopause.  My doctor has recently prescribed HRT and I'm taking estrogen in the form of a gel which I rub into my arms every morning.  I also take a calcium and magnesium supplement, the calcium for my bones and combined with the magnesium, it makes me drowsy which helps me to sleep at night.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2009