How old was your child when you stopped using baby shampoo?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 2:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• with my boys it was around age 4 when they started getting really dirty and needing something a little stronger so we moved on to kids shampoo still tear free and gentle just with a little more umph. My daughter is 5 and we still use a version of baby shampoo because her hair is so fine and curly, it is just easier on her hair, i tried the kid shampoos and none of them worked as well.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:22 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My oldest is 3 and still uses Johnson & Johnson no more tears. He's got really sensative skin like me and I prefer to keep him using the baby shampoo. I guess I'm going to keep on waiting until his stench won't be helped with it anymore and need more (masculine) soaps.
    jenzachsam

Answer by jenzachsam at 2:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OK cause my oldest just turned 2 and I was wondering if he was getting to old for it or anything and I hate the thought of using regular shampoo and taking a chance of getting it into his eyes
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:29 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• at 2 i would keep on with the baby shampoo he should be fine, and i agree i wouldnt want to move him to anything stronger for a while either. when he is a bit older look at the kids shampoos they are still tear free and some are for sensitive skin also but its meant for kids who are out sweating rolling in dirt, at 2 yeah once in a while they are covered in dirt but not often, not like kids get in a school yard.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my boy is 4 and he still uses baby shampoo, I need to get him some kid shampoo like 3_ring_circus said he is getting a lot dirty and needs something stronger
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I guess I never thought about it...my son is 5 and daughter 3, still use the No More Tangles shampoo.....but I guess the next stop in the shampoo aisle I will check out the other tear-free stuff.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My girls weren't 2 yet when I started using my conditioner and body wash on them. I have used my shampoo once, maybe twice on them, with no problems. I usually use the baby shampoo because of their eyes too. Mine just smells so much better :o)
    jackiec7707

Answer by jackiec7707 at 3:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My son is 2 and we've been using regular shampoo and conditioner for a while. We use Herbal Essences.
    annamr

Answer by annamr at 4:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Mine is six and he uses the suave big kid shampoo/conditioner. Actually we both use it. My hair is really poofy and the kids stuff doesn't over condition it.
    CMSM_Admin

Answer by CMSM_Admin at 4:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My daughters still have not alot of hari and they are 2 and 11 months so we are still using baby shampoo on both although I have thought about letting the 2 year old use kids shampoo.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:29 AM on Aug. 21, 2009