for brides or brides-to-be. long question. alot of info.

my bestfriend is getting married. another mutual bestfriend of ours and myself are 2 of the bridesmaids. i will call us B and C. i will call the maid of honor A.
we (B and C) started brainstorming ideas for the bridal shower a few months back. the bride informed us that a family member of hers would be throwing the shower instead. after a few weeks, she called me crying because she was so disappointed in the chosen location. i offered then for B and C to plan the shower and reminded her that we had already put some ideas together and were very excited to do it. she immediately informed me that A was taking care of it. (why did she call me crying then? i have no idea.) so anyway, she proceded to tell me that A has more money than B and C and because of this reason, she would be able to throw a much better shower. B and C tried several times to contact A, with no luck. in 3 months, neither if us received a call back from A.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• now the shower has come and gone and it was awful. it was held at a very nice restuarant...but the food was cold, there was not inkling that a bridal shower was taking place, only 14 people came which included 2 flowergirls, (there are 150 people invited to the wedding). and worst of all, B and C had to travel about an hour to get there and nobody, not even the bride to be, talked to us. wtf? B and C actually thought the B2B was worth more than a measly phone call to make the reservation, but the effort we put forth to help went unrecognized by both A and B2B, whom we had told many times that we were being ignored and wanted to take part in the wedding festivities. is this normal behavior for a B2B and maid of honor? i didnt think so, but i could be wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• uh no! I was the MOH in my BFF's wedding 2 year ago...I live 1600 miles away and did the invites from here, mailed them out....got the place reserved and even help to plan games! That's BS...some people take the MOH label so seriously...please...we're not in high school!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The B2B will soon learn that money doesn't buy friends. It pretty much gaurentees that you will be surronded by shallow people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009