Why would I expect anything less....or more?

Is it too much to ask that after 6 years of marriage that my husband and FATHER of my children grow a set of B@lls and be a man? He'd rather be out playing poker with his single friends than be home helping me get ready for a birthday party?! Just so mad..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like he needs to GROW THE FUCK UP. I would be mad also.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Oh, yeah....that's the short version of a very long, 6 year story!!!!! I've had it up to here...well you can't see...but you get the idea!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• right ! they all need to be considerate after all we do for them>>>>"THEM" it's about them, so change the shoe to go on your foot, I am, i just had the usually one sided discussion(about school) that I usually receive no input from him other than........the>>> "it's going to cost money !!! Don't tellme it won't ! !!! I am not even talking to you Beth<, I 'm not even going to listen.
    Oh,, (I'm thinking..) excuse me that you have 2500 dollars of what you say is important plus your squad car, and all those extra tickets to the games for the 12 friends you paid for, .......excuse me but I am actually improving my education/ job/ and increasing the income for the benefit of our family............ and it will be 10-fold in the next 5 yrs!!! Gee I don't want to listen to him now : )
    I wonder why????????????????????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am in a 14 yr.marriage, and my D/H is always spending on lots of things he collects to IMPROVE HIS LIFE. So I know , it's all about them ! ! ! ! As long as they are happy and we aren't. Well it's changed starting this year. AND what a change : ) : ) : ) Let's celebrate change. Ladies no matter what we all need to stick to our goals. To the poster; never let him see you sweat, at least let him not be in on your goals. If you do better yourself or are in that process, or even have intentions to better you, don't worry, ......cuz they usually don't ever get the picture. Do it all for you! ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I see a trend of men getting wimpier and wimpier.

why be on this planet............it's sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I guess it's up to us, as mother's to make sure our sons don't end up like the pussies that their father's are!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Being married and having children does not insure that a man will grow into maturity as an adult. What you can do is to make yourself and your home so attractive to him that he won't want to go anywhere else and he won't want to be with anyone else. The more you nag and fuss about him, the farther you will push him away from what you desire from him. He doesn't get any pressure from the guys when he's playing poker. He's relaxing and having fun. Instead of making demands, let him know how much you miss him(not what he does, but him!), how much you look forward to his coming home every day, how sad and disappointed you are when he chooses to go someplace else. You don't whine, and you don't gripe. You state to him the truth of how much you want to be with him, and you focus your attention on him when he does come home. I would probably wait up for him on poker nights. You hold the key to your own marriage. Use it!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I cannot imagine any man choosing to help with a birthday party over playing poker with men. Sorry, I'm not with you on this one

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The ONLY reason I'm not arguing with your statement, NannyB, is because I know you do not have the full story.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2009