Is Alzheimers a Social or Medical Health Condition?

In Britain~according to NHS in regards to Judith Roe, 74~Alzheiners was deemed a social 'problem' and not worthy of payment. So they [her family] had to fight in court for treatment.

Is this the direction you want the US to move towards?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/6049942/Family-told-by-NHS-Alzheimers-is-not-a-health-condition.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's really sad, yet people are willing to potentially throw their own parents/grandparents under the bus just for their own comfort.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It is a psychological condition that affects the Brain, therefore it is a health problem.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Please show me the proof that anybody wants to adopt the same system what they have in England? There are many,many patients now in USA who can not get the care what they need.Why worry so much about other countries?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Whoa uh NO I deffinitely do not want that..my grandmother has Dementia so I guess shed not be cared for.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Anon, Where did I say we would adopt this same system... I asked do we want to move in THIS DIRECTION and give bureaucrats further control to dictate WHO gets what level of care?  This is what a Government Option of Health Care moves towards. READ THE BILL...   

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2009