Do you have a Bumbo?

Do you like it? Find it useful? Trying to decide if I want to buy one or not.

Kimposible

Asked by Kimposible at 7:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sister gave me hers for my now 7 month old. I usually keep mine in the bathroom. Ill bring Elijah in there and sit him in it whenever im using the bathroom or giving my older son a bath. He enjoys sitting in it for the most part.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:56 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I only used mine for about six weeks. If I'd known how short its lifespan would be, I would've looked for a used one.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I loved mine! My baby would sit in it while I did laundry, or dishes and just watch me. It helped her gained back muscles and she could sit by herself by the time she was 4 months old. I plan on getting another one for this baby. It was just so handy. It also makes a great feeding chair. It wipes off so easlily, and can travel well to family get togethers. I wouldnt but a new one tho. Ebay has lots of good deals on them!
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 8:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I got mine from a second hand store. Once Upon A Child. I loved it. The only thing i did buy was the tray you can put on it. My boys would play there while i got housework done. I wouldn't keep them in there for long though. I also brought it with me to use when i traveled to my parents for vacation so i could feed them easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Never used one with any of my three. They were so chubby, their legs wouldn't have fit in it anyway. They sat on their own early anyway....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i bought mine and it was a waste for the time it even got used..
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 8:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I was contemplating a bumbo for my daughter and couldn't bring myself to spend the $40 it costs, but yesterday I figured out a nice substitution. I sat my daughter in the middle of the boppy and then put a regular pillow under her arms and it helped her sit up, she was so happy. I stayed sitting with her in case she started to tip over, but I could tell that she was enjoying sitting up without being held. Just a thought :)
    elizabethfree

Answer by elizabethfree at 8:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• yes, i got it as a shower gift. i just started using it with my 11 week old, he fits in it pretty well, but i can see the part about the chubby legs, i don't know how much longer he'll fit in it.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• my 6 month old still uses hers all the time, and there is plenty of leg room still!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It was really handy for my older daughter. She didn't have much muscle control in her back til she was much older, like 8 months. For my 2nd daughter it was only useful for about 2 months, then she got too strong for it and started leaning so far to the sides that she nearly tipped it over lol. Plus her legs were so chunky that toward the end when I picked her up out of it the bumbo would come with her LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009