Is it safe . . .

to take Guclosamiean and Conjointen while breast feeding. I was taking it before I got preggo and it really helped my poor knees. And now that my second and last child is 19 months we are only nursing 2 day. I am also starting to work out, since trying to lose this baby fat is a lot harder the second time around. So do you think it is safe, or have you done it with no ill effects?

DevilInPigtails

Asked by DevilInPigtails at 8:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Health

• To the Anon answer. First how rude. Second do you know what those medications are, they are an over the counter herb the helps with joint health. I stopped them because of my own fears not because my doctor needed me to. So I am asking the "faceless women," to see if anyone else is taking it and what advice they may have been giving. I don't have a doctor that I can just call up, I would have to make an appointment and I think that would be a waste of both of our time, thank you very much. And if you can't say it nicely then don't say it at all or at least own it.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:56 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't take anything while nursing. And if I did, I would be asking medical professionals, not faceless women on a message board.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would check with a doctor before taking it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009