posterior cervix

I was told I have a posterior cervix Monday. I have dilated to 1 and it's still hard for them to get to. What is this? Does this mean I will have a harder time having him naturally?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 8:35 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It means they have to reach farther to check you. You should know that "checking" doesn't help you progress, it just gives them something to write in their charts. Limit the number of checks. By the time you get to 7-10 they won't have any trouble reaching. Do some research on the pros and con of all that checking. Arm yourself with the information you will need to tell them to leave you alone. You will decrease your chance of an infection by refusing to be checked when it isn't necessary.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• dont worry i have one too...it just hurts more when they check me,it feels like they're sticking a hand up me lol
    dilemma1

Answer by dilemma1 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You don't need to get checked, it is optional. Sounds like it's undue discomfort, anyway!    :-o
    Eventually, the cervix will move anterior (forward) when it is time for labor.
    Here is info, if you'd like to know more:

Cervical Check in Labor

Before labor begins, the cervix drops into the vaginal canal at an angle that makes it point toward the back (posterior).

The Myth of a Vaginal Exam

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:16 AM on Aug. 21, 2009