What can I do for toothache remedies?

The back right side of my mouth has been hurting for a little over 2 weeks now. It's not my wisdom teeth because there already in, so I'm thinking either an infection or a horrible cavity (gross I know). Anyway, last night the pain was excruciating! I was in tears and nauseated from it. I've tried those orajel sticks, it helped numb it enough to let me sleep, now im the AM it's not so bad but my afternoon it'll be back. I can't go see a dentist because we're military and not enrolled yet, when we enroll it'll still be a month before coverage is effective. I've tried tylenol too but only works for a few hours. I can't take anything w/ aspirin because I'm pregnant. Where is the justice!!!??! Help :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i jsut dealt with this two nigths ago... try gargling warm salt water...or putting whiskey on a qtip and putting in in the area where it hurts...also try vanilla extract on the cavity and the gums around it...make sure u keep it clean and free of food and all that jazz...i had one the other night that didnt even subside with orajel or even a lortab! found out i have to get a root canal, but gotta bear with it until after the baby is born! I hope yours feels better! i now its painful! But remember, if it gets that bad, please go get it fixed, ann infetion, or the pain will hurt the baby more than you getting it fixed =D

good luck!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Jeez, can you tell I didn't sleep much last night? I meant to say now IN the AM it's not so bad but BY afternoon it'll be back.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Try an icepack. And you can put a childrens dissolvable tylenol where it hurts and leave it till it is gone. Good Luck I know those toothaches can be awful.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't have dental insurance and my dentist is very reasonable. I know how bad tooth pain can be and if it gets infected(if not already) it may end up costing more. i had to have a tooth fixed while preg. i couldn't stand it any longer because it became absesed. Try the ice pack, but if you really can't stand it anymore i would try to shop around for a good reasonable dentis if possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Oh, i feel for you!! I had an infected tooth while preg. with my second child and it hurt mainly at night. Tylenol helped during the day, but at night i tried an ice pack and also i put a tea bag on it. It helped a little, but i ended up finally getting it fixed when it started keeping me up at night. Hope you find some relief!! By the way, my dentis took payment arrangements otherwise i don't know what i would have done.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You might ask to just be examined so you know what is going on.
    Maybe baby teething tablets ("Hyland's") can help?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009