Do you think it is a " "collective disappointment that Obama chose the Postal Service as a scapegoat and an example of inefficiency.""

In a letter sent late last week to the White House, National Association of Postal Supervisors President Ted Keating informed Obama of his union's "collective disappointment that you chose the Postal Service as a scapegoat and an example of inefficiency."

The Postal Service, UPS and FedEx are all suffering from the economic downturn, Keating wrote, "and your negative references to the Postal Service without knowledge of the facts was a disservice not only to the members of our organization, but to all postal employees."

NAPS represents about 35,000 postal workers nationwide.

"I doubt he’s seen that letter and I don’t have any reason to believe he regrets it, since he repeated it," White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said on Tuesday when asked about the letter during the daily press briefing.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://ow.ly/kIXm

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/08/postal_union_responds_to_obama.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/08/18/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5250541.shtml
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Haha, I cannot decide whether to laugh, or to hold my head in shame. Seriously, when will people open their eyes and realize he's not listening?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 8:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Gotta hand it to Gibbs. He has the class and tact of a 3 year old after a 12 Oreo bender.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm counting on the fact that Obama talks with one foot up his butt and one foot in his mouth that he will have only one term, with the way he keeps pissing major people off.
    Keep talking Obama!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• hmmm rich
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• What? The postal service is govt run, I believe. I happen to think theyre very efficient considering that use them every week for ebay shipping. They are running off being a bit short handed too. I guess he figures if he insults everyone, it his way of showing hes in charge. In listening to him talk on GMA this morning about how he WILL get HC reform no matter what and insulting the GOP because hes tired of their resisting and obviously his bipartisanship is now over, I think hes a bully and obviously thinks he has way more power than he does. I hope the dems turn this HC plan and trash it, just to show him whose REALLY in charge...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Lol np that's really funny
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• LOL momof thats barry for ya mr 'I WON!' hell there was never any 'bipartisanship' to begin with
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think it's a shame for postal workers (my father is a retired postal worker) that Obama picked on them as "inefficient", but Obama inadvertantly proved the point that those opposed to government run health care were making: federally government run programs are (usually) inefficient.
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2009