How long did you stay dilated at 1?

I went to L&D Wednesday with contractions. They stopped them with giving me fluid through an IV. They checked me and I was closed. I was having more contractions 6 hours later, went in and I had dilated to 1. Just wondering how long any of you stayed at 1, or how long after you went into labor?

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was 1 cm at 29 weeks and made it to 3 cm by 39 weeks and had my daughter at 39 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i was at a 1 at almost 39 weeks, my appt the next week i was at a 4, then had the baby 4 days later! but everyone is different. Good luck, and labor is onits way, how far along are you? I wish you a healthy and as happy as can be labor! :-p
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I was at 1 cm at 36 or 37 weeks with my first, and no labor by my scheduled C-section at 39 weeks. With my second, I wasn't dilated at all until my 39 week appointment, at which point I was at "maybe a 1" (according to my doctor), and I went into labor three days later.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:24 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have been between 1 and 2 since at least 36 weeks. I am 40 weeks 3 days today. I also went to the hospital because baby had stopped moving and found out I was having contractions. The nurse said I was having them because I was dehydrated so they gave me IV fluids. I'll be induced on Tuesday if nothing happens before then.
    MrsBrintae

Answer by MrsBrintae at 10:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• with my first i went to my 24 wk app and was close by my 28 wk spp i was almost 4. so i never knew how long i was 1 cm
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• How far along are you? (Guessing not due for a bit.) Are you able to stay hydrated? Do you have help around? Is there anything else going on around that might be stressing you~ are you working~ on your feet?
    I never had any checks with my pregnancies, can't answer exactly. But your being at a one won't tell you much, even after that.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• DILATION DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING! I really wish that people could understand that! The ONLY time is really means anything is when you are 10cm bcuz its trama to your cervix if you begin pushing before its fully dilated (it can swell and actually close up)

You can be 1 cm for 1 hour or you can be 1 cm for 4 weeks... its means NOTHING! I was 2 cm at 31 weeks and 5 cm when I was induced at 38 weeks. And even being 5cm, it wasnt like I was in labor or anything
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OK Jaydin, calm down. Just a question. I KNOW it means nothing.

I'm 36 weeks. I just wanted to know about other peoples experiences.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If you know it doesnt mean anything then why are you asking? What do our answers matter?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:19 PM on Aug. 21, 2009