Do you need someone to watch your kids so you can clean?

We run a daycare and this mom has off every friday and today she brought her son to daycare so that she can clean! I'm wondering how many people need thier children watched so they can clean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't NEED someone to watch my kids so I can clean, but I have found that I get a whole lot more done if I can focus just on cleaning and not have to stop and find out what my 9 month old is into or find something else for him to play with. I would never take my kids to daycare so I could clean, but my mom lives 2 miles away and she generally keeps my son one morning a week so I can get some stuff done.

Answer by missanc at 9:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I clean during naptime or when my child is watching a movie. She is actually at the age now where she likes to help me.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I used to do that when I was a single parent, I would send the kids off to grandma's for the night so I could do a thorough cleaning. It's easier to get done when the kids aren't there.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't "need" someone to watch my boys so I can clean but when my husband is home and he takes them outside or to the basement I can get so much done so much faster. I am able to clean bathrooms faster without worrying about the boys coming in. They are 1 &2 so they want to "help" me which is normally unsafe if I am using a cleaning product. I generally clean during naps or I take 20 min. after they are in bed to do a quick cleaning. I would not pay someone to watch them so I could though.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i send my DD who is almost 9 months and into it all to grandma's every friday to get errands done and to get in depth cleaning like scrubbing floors and that...its a slight break and i get to do the really hard core cleaning
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 9:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have a "friend" who seems completely incapable of cleaning with her children around. She's one of those mother's that 1. makes her children be needy and 2. structures every waking moment of their day. I've given her suggestions on how to get the cleaning done while engaging the children but this just seems to be overwhelming for her. She hired a mother's helper to come over twice a week to entertain her children while she cleans. She only cooks if her husband is home. I think it's an insane way to live and wonder why someone like that had kids in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have never had someone else watch my kids so that I could clean & I've never considered it. If the kids are out of the house & I'm home, I sometimes spend the time cleaning. I've never asked someone to watch them for that reason though & I would never pay for daycare so I could clean.
    My kids both have ADHD & are much better at making messes than they are at cleaning up their messes. Even so, they've been helping with chores since before they turned 2. I do the heavier stuff (like scrubbing floors) after they go to bed, but I see no reason to ship them off to clean.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 9:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ive never done it because I dont believe in daycare for my kids but I guess if a mother is paying for a weeks worth of daycare, she might want to utilize it? Thats my only guess. Ive always done what I needed to do with my kids around. If they made it hard to get anything done, then I usually didnt do it. My kids are way more important than getting some floor clean. I would get it done eventually.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I thought I was the only one!
    I can't do anything around her w/o my kids either getting in the middle of it or causing problems so that I am too distraced to do my cleaning. I either need a sitter or a cleaning lady!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• But if you can't get cleaning done with your children around then what are you doing all day? I guess I am assuming that the past few comments were from SAHMs, but I might be wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009