QUOTES OF YOUR OWN?

I believe in God but I’d much rather live with people who care about each other than those who only care about God or heaven.
- Bill Blackman

Asked by older at 9:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • This is uncredited, because I can't find the original source, but I LOVE it!

"I am no longer religious; I have decided that God is bigger than the box we put Him in labelled "religion"."
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 10:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yeah! A lot of christians are hipocrytes, however you spell it! I have a family full of preachers and chirstians and they are all hipocrytes! I was raised in church and believe in God, I have a big heart and an open mind, I'm not a Holier Than Thou person.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• From the quote "there are more fish in the sea" i created my own to do with my theory of men...

"There are more jackasses on the farm"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• very true.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 9:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I live in a world where i could be mugged, where rich men start wars, and where people damage the planet they live on. However, i also live in a world where people love me, and i love them, and a world where a natural disaster(asia tsunami) can provoke ordinary people all over the world to donate money goods and time to help people they have never met. I may live in a world where big companies use slave labor, but i also live in a world where people can overthrow apartheid. The terrible tribulation described by the book of revelation happens all around me, and has done since the dawn of time, why is it different now? The rapture of existence is also evident all around me, and all through history since the beginning of time. Please stop dreading or hoping for some mystical event that will destroy or create, and look around at the miracle of the world around you. Be loved, and love.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• mommarox......ALL people are hypocrites, not just christians. Just sayin..

My favorite saying goes like this.."People dont care how much you know, until they know how much you care."

Ive had to keep that in the back of my mind because I do forget sometimes.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:13 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of our grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children that we have taught our children that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.

This we know; the earth does not belong to man; man belongs to the earth. This we know. All things are connected like the blood which unites one family. All things are connected
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES! If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

~Mother Theresa~

Answer by older at 9:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• "We are star stuff." ~Carl Sagan
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2009