Can anyone recommend a 'healthier' alternative video game to War of Worlds, or whatever the one my 11-yr-old is addicted to??

Violent games alternatives??

realthyme

Asked by realthyme at 9:11 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• i think you meant world of warcaft , you wii is better for you then anything else because you have to move to play it ...... world of warcraft is so bad my SO and I both play it is very addictive lol
    Draydensmom7708

Answer by Draydensmom7708 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• PS3 titles... Little Big Planet ... Sonic Unleashed ... Any of the Final Fantasy's ... Rock Band 2 ...Those are all ones my son 9 plays and LOVES
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 10:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• There's one online called Wizard 101 - google it...
    It's not a blow-em up type of thing or a war type, but, they have some really cool stuff in it - if he likes Digimon, Pokemon and stuff like that - it has that kind of stuff for challenges where he beats the badguy the game is kinda setup like Harry Potter with a Pokemon twist but it's really cool. It's a 3d game that actually has you walking thru different areas, so, it's not like a boring card game.
    grumpymom17

Answer by grumpymom17 at 5:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Mine play Wii Sports a lot. They've gotten addicted to the fencing game - they compete to see who can put out the candle without cutting it or how many pieces of watermelon they can cut before it disappears.

They also like Wii Fit (my 9 yo is better at yoga than I am!)

They were hooked on Animal Crossing for awhile, and now they're bugging for a DS so they can get the island extension pack.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:39 PM on Aug. 24, 2009