PLZ HELP

my sister just found out she had a misscarrge. i have no clue what to say to her to make her feel anybetter. is thire anything i can say to her? i feel so bad for her but what am i suppost to do? can i do anything?
help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• just pay attention to her she will let you know what she needs, as far as what to say to make her feel better, words cannot fix this kind of pain, let her know that if she needs to talk about it you will listen that is prob what she needs most. When i had my last m/c ppl told me "it was better that it happened early" that "I am young and have plenty of time to have kids later", I'm 22 no 13, reguardless no matter what their intentions they seemed to try to minimize my grief and that did not help. What did help was joining some online support groups for women & couples suffering from a mc, stillbirth, or infant loss. My hometown has even started a face to face support group for this, I wish it had been around when I was going thru it. Sorry so long but hope it helps.
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 4:15 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Just be there for her. Let your shoulder be the one that she can cry on. There isn't much you can do as it is the worst possible thing to go through!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• sometimes it's best not to say much... because a lot of times anything we hear from people just sounds wrong. like our loss is trying to be lessened. i know you will mean well, but somethings just sound harsh.
    be there for her, let her cry if she needs to, she needs support right now. as far as what to say, it really depends on your relationship with her and what you feel you can talk about it. she might need to be distracted a little and talk about other things, or that might be worse for her. she might need to get out of the house and do something. that wasn't me though. i didn't want to leave the house.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009