determining the gender of the athlete

so there were some questions about the gender of this runner, and a bunch of doctors were called in to determine what it is.
don't you think Hugh Hefner could have made that determination with just one photograph?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 9:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG LMFAO.........That is a man not doubt. I saw the video when he/she was running. Come on, can you not see the balls(and i am not even talking about basketballs lol). Hilarious.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 10:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• LOL...ya know, I was watching this story on GMA and wondered how and why they were bringing in so many doctors and "running rigorous tests" to find out if this was a man or a woman. I mean, is it THAT hard? How about just letting someone "look". I cant believe that even if he had a sex change to a she, that it would be realistic looking, plus, a simple genetic blood test could determine this, right? Or are they just checking to make sure she is not a person who was born with both chromosomes? The mother says she was always accused of being a boy. Maybe she has female genitalia but some male hormones? Either way, I just cant see why it would be so complicated. Nevertheless, I do feel for her because no matter what happens, shes being put under the microscope just because shes winning. If she were losing every race, they wouldnt have cared. Im sure its humiliating no matter what.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Sometimes there is a gray area when it comes to gender. I call it the, IT factor. There are people that look male but are female or vice versa. Their Genes say one things the body says another.

Answer by louise2 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If I was her, I would totally flash my vajayjay and tell them to eat it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:36 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think he is a guy. They have also shown other guys who have done this before.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:40 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OMG BEXI!!!!!! I almost spit coffee all over my computer. I was soooo not prepared for that, but thanks for the laugh.

I was watching *gasp* Fox News last night and O'Reilly had Megan Kelley on and she was saying that there are instances where an individual has both male and female chromosomes and that this is why they have called for the extensive blood tests. Although, I believe she said that in the rules, the qualifications state that it is the gender at the time of birth, so that should be easily distinguished with any birth records I would think.

I have read that some think that this must be embarrassing for the girl, but it could also be a badge of honor that she is so much faster than the others that they think that she is not female. IDK, the whole thing is nuts (no pun intended).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• "If I was her, I would totally flash my vajayjay and tell them to eat it."

OMG! You just made diet coke squirt out my nose! I've got to remember not to take a drink while reading things on CM.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• BEXi pretty much covered this one! Hilarious!!
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It sure looked like a guy. The doctor is still out on it but I'm anxiously awaiting the results. I can't believe it wold be that hard to tell either, but maybe it got it's thang cut off??? It didn't have boobs. So, we shall see.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Haha, I would sooo do that too.. It'd piss me off if people were saying I was a man, when really I was a woman. I guess we will know for sure when the results come back.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009