Helpful Ideas from YOU!

I am interested in setting up a holiday market in my area featuring different vendors of all types...I have never done this before. Where shouls I start? What types of places should I look to rent out fot the event? Any advice or ideas anyone is willing to share would be so great!! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I saw one in a church in our town.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Schools are a popular area for a community event like you're thinking. Contact the school to see what they would charge for an all day event, then you can plan on what you will charge vendors to participate. If you're not doing this to benefit a non-profit organization or a charity then you may have to check about how you would be taxed on any profit. It may be a good idea to get a group to back you.
    You'll have to make arrangements for tables, you'll want concessions (the school may have an organization they would prefer you use), you'll need to map out the areas and assign spaces for everyone. Once you've got the place, start advertising in papers and on community event calendars, put up signs in stores, just get the word out! Contact craftspeople, food vendors, bakeries, family-owned stores, Avon or Mary Kay reps, etc.
    HAVE FUN!!!!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I work hard on my crafts and since prices of things has gone up i have to just make alittle on what i make to sale. What i hate so much is people charging so much to set up! If they charge $50 for a day i have to give away that much of my stuff before i can start to make a profit! Then people come to just walk and look and steal idea's from my creation! People are having a hard time and they will not let go of a ten dollar bill now days! But they will eat! Food venders make all the money at craft fairs cause people will eat no matter what!!!!!What ever you charge is what we have to just give away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2009