Help , my son is not a baby anymore.......

I have a 11yr.old son who likes to still play with stuff animals. That doesn't seem right to me, because his friends like to ride bikes play soccer , and go on the computer and play games. Im not saying it's all the time. that he plays with them. but when he does he seems to enjoy it. But the funny thing is I think is he kind of knows its for babies because he doesn't play with his stuffed animals with his friends. in fact he hides them in his room somewhere. he really does need to stop playing with those stuffed animals . help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• its no big deal i played w barbies till i was 13 or 14 and i hide it from my friends hell grow out of it some kids just do it bc theyre bored
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• maybe he hides them cause you make him feel bad ...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• He hides it because, he is old enough to know that his friends will tease him if they found out. I do not see the big issue with him liking to play with stuffed animals. He should grow out of it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My 25 year old cousin...football player from age 5-22 still has his "stuffedies" from when we were kids ... does it make him any less of a man? No ... it's actually kinda cute ... he's still a kid at heart and always will be ... it's just who he is and my children LOVE hanging out with him because of it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My son still has some stuffed animals - there's one particular bear that he has that my Mom gave me when he was a very little baby that has a very special meaning to him.
    My Mom died when he was less than a month old - and that bear has tied him together with my Mom, because although she is not here to hold him and hug him, the bear is and he sleeps with it.
    I do not believe all the hype of "it's a baby thing" because honestly, it's not.
    Boys need some sensitivity in their lives and sometimes having a bear to hold helps them to cope with this big bad world and reminds us that there is always something to hold onto when things are rough.
    grumpymom17

Answer by grumpymom17 at 4:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• you should be proud that your son is a caring and sensitive young man. I have a friend who is 19 and still sleeps with his baby blanket i dont think less of him. Your son is hiding it not because its wrong but because he knows his friends arent in to it. If he liked dinosuars and his friends thought it was dumb he would hide that too. My younge rbrother played with stuffies for a very long time adn while my family kept telling my mom that if she let him play with stuffed animals he would turn out to be a wuss and gay. My mom let him play with what he wanted to anyways and he turned out to be a very sensitive and sweet and caring young man. I am very rpoud to call him my brother because he certainly raises the bar on what it means to be a man he is caring and considerate with women helpful and amazing with my i year old. Let him play with his stuffies you will amazed at teh kind of character that will come from that kind of pla
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 12:46 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• You're making a big deal out of nothing. I played with Barbies and beanie babies up until I was 14-15.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 1:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. He hides them because he knows others will tease him. He obviously still likes them and gets comfort from it. As long as he's not hurting anything, then what's the big deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Aug. 22, 2009

• I agree that you seem to be making a big deal out of nothing. If he is playing and using his imagination then what is wrong with that. All kids are different and maybe he just enjoys that type of playing. Have you ever talked to him about it to see what he likes about playing with them.

My son is 12 and he still plays with his stuffed animals and his action figures. He does not do this all the time, sometimes he needs to quiet time and the down time.

If it really bothers you then I would try and talk to him, although I would not yell and him and tell him to stop.

Good Luck and be thankful that you know what he is doing. At this age my son knows kids that are stealing and pushing the limits in every way.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:45 AM on Aug. 23, 2009