I am a single parent of 4 kids, ages 9, 8, 5 & 5. I work 44-48 hours per week and will be a full-time student when class starts next week. Would it be crazy for me to hire a cleaner to come in and help out?

As it is, I now come in the house exhausted after work, picking up clothes and toys ad doing dishes and laundry before I start dinner. I can't imagine having the time or energy to get everything done when my 4 classes start.

So my question is, would it be a good investment to have a cleaner come in and keep things orderly, maybe 2-4 times per month? I can rearrange my budget to make it work but I feel strangely guilty just thinking about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you can afford it... why not? It will be less clean up for you that you can spend more time with your children...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Go for it. If you can afford it

Answer by louise2 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No need to think too much here. You MUST hire someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I gives someone else a little extra money, I'm getting ready to go back into cleaning for a living. Just be careful. If you use a company try to be home to meet the person or people they send, make sure you feel comfortable with them , when they send someone you like make sure to tell the comany you only want them in your house because some places will send anyone they have, they dont always clean the same , some steal , some smoke in the house and some are mean to pets. If you know anyone that has a "maid' ask who they use.
    Draydensmom7708

Answer by Draydensmom7708 at 10:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If you can swing it, totally... heck, I only have 2 kids and work full time, but from home 3 days per week and 2 in the office and if I could do it I would! I spend so much time straightening, cooking, laundry, etc... that I would LOVE someone to come and scrub my tubs and toilets, wash my floors...sounds like heaven! Some day....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:10 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Great Idea, In fact, you deserve it!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• you are working so hard, don't feel guilty and hire some one.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 10:30 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with the ladies. If you an afford it, go for it. Oh and congrats on school.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• GO for it!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• 3 hours of study/homework time for every class hour. You will not have time to sleep this semester.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:33 AM on Aug. 22, 2009