Can anyone give me ideas on meals that I can make ahead & freeze for later?

We have a 16month old & we are expecting our 2nd child October 8th so it's going to be a very busy time for us. I was wanting some ideas on make ahead meals that I could make before I have the baby & just defrost & warm or cook without having to mix it all up from scratch - any ideas would be VERY helpful. Thanks:)

Ellie15

Asked by Ellie15 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Lasagna.

Answer by louise2 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• almost all casseroles are freezable...like tuna casserole...the only trick to reheating it is to add a little milk to it so it doesnt dry out.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• CHILLI BUT NOT SPICY SO THAT YOUR LITTLE ONE CAN EAT IT TO,REDBEANS,SPAGHETTI SAUCE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• They're all GRETA ideas!! Keep them coming - thanks:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Meatloaf, tator tot casserole, Mexican chicken casserole, pizza casserole, lasagna, pizza (bake the crust for 4 minutes before adding toppings then freeze without baking), taco meat.

If you have a crockpot, then freeze soups and casseroles in ice cream pails (make sure the pail is the same size or smaller than the crock pot.) Just pop out the frozen soup or casserole and put it in the crockpot, then add a bit of water, cover and cook on low all day.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Lasgana, chili, broth based soups, meatloaf. Almost anything can be made and frozen. Spaghetti sauce. Mac and cheese. Hamburger patties.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Thanks so much ladies:) If you have any inspirational, new ideas for cook & freeze meals, just for a change & to try something new, then send them my way - THANK YOU:)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 29, 2009