Would you choose to pay $350 monthly tuition for school or would you put the money on a savings account?

And of course you would have to send your child to Public School.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You could homeschool for less much less than $350 a month & put the difference in savings for college.
    If homeschooling isn't an option for you (since it isn't for everyone), it would depend on the reasons you want to send the child to private school. If you're considering private school because it's a better education in an environment more conducive to learning, do it. Invest the money in your child's education now. If it's for status or because you went to private school or because your family expects it, consider giving public school a try to see if it works for your kid. I firmly believe the whole system needs a major overhaul, but some kids thrive in public schools. If public school works for your kid, do that & put the money away for college or some other needs.
    busygoddess

Answer by busygoddess at 10:06 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Send to public school. Save the $350 for when they go to college.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Homeschool and bank the $350 a month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Anonymous :53. Don't you have to spend $$$ on home schooling your kids?

Answer by louise2 at 9:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• EDUCATION IS AN INVESTMENT ON ITSELF, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY DO IT, IT WILL BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU HAVE EVER MADE!

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• i pay 10 grand a year for a private school.. and yes its a lot trust me i know lol but to me it is worth it greatly
    onefinenursemom

Answer by onefinenursemom at 9:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• $2800/yr for private school. It is a great investment..I love her school.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I guess it depends on the child. I think even if they go to public school it is your job to make sure they stay on track. I'm not into homeschooling, because public/private schools offer quite a number of things that I cannot give my child (such as socialization away from mom/dad/house). That being said you are the number one person to push education and make sure your children succeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We spend $21k a year for private school for our two kids. It's totally worth it.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 11:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• 350 a month sounds like a bargain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009