"Fussy/Collicky" One year old??

My son just turned one this August. This has been a VERY long year. I had him 3 weeks early. I also have a 3 year old who wasn't the easiest baby,but looking back much easier. Normally by one you can see the light..they become more independent somewhat. My precious little one year has me concerned..
He has always had acid reflux. We are on medications for that,bed elevated..
He did the "projectile" vomiting till 9 months..yes I know. He was going the bathroon to much,getting severe diaper rash. We changed formulas thinking it was allergies..and it got somewhat better. To make a long story short...I feel helpless. He does playgroups too..
-he is clingy..but in a different way..he cries when you hold.he cries when you don't hold.
-he will play for 2 sec but nothing keeps his attention.
-He watches no tv. I have tried to get him into baby Einstein,Praise Baby,Veggie Tales
Developmentally he is awesome & on track. ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh Mommy..... I had his older brother - who will be an only child for these reasons. He was fujll of all day colic for 5 months 14 hours a day but even after that was over he cried all day, it just became more calmable. he's 21 months now and still crys a minimum of 6 times a day. He was treated for acid refulx although he didn't spit up - they were just looking for reasons why he cried so much. he is in part time day care also for socializing and he's "on track" also, however he has always had pooping issues in the opposite way where he can't go at all... he does have allergies to milk and dairy so I have him on soy. but I can't get a ped to get me a refferal for allergy testing because they say they aren't accurate enough so I am left to do the trial and error food allergy testing on my own, which is very hard. Its gotten better now that he can verbalize more but I still go through what I call "funks" with him a lot
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• cont'd - where I can't take it -it gets VERY hard and luckily I have no other children and my mom is so supportive and agree's that he is just a VERY HARD child.. In my gut it tells me that "something" has got to be wrong, he HAS to be uncomfortable somehow - this can't be how everyone's children are or no one would have more than one !!! I cry a lot and feel bad that I am not enjoying being a mom as much as I wanted to be one!! email me anytime. I don't have much advice but I totally understand and we can vent to each other....
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Have you had him allergy tested?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009