Why aren't people talking about this?

New York Times :

WASHINGTON — President Obama sought Wednesday to reframe the health care debate as “a core ethical and moral obligation,” imploring a coalition of religious leaders to help promote the plan to lower costs and expand insurance coverage for all Americans.

“I know there’s been a lot of misinformation in this debate, and there are some folks out there who are frankly bearing false witness,” Mr. Obama told a multidenominational group of pastors, rabbis and other religious leaders who support his goal to remake the nation’s health care system"

There are so many things wrong with this I can't believe no one is talking about it. Sure ,not the MSM but Americans? Feeling guilty yet? Will it work on you? How do you non Christians feel?
What happened to Seperation of Church and State? Is Obama violating this? Is he now calling Americans immoral if they don't agree?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:20 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh, I am sure the left is all about Obushma approaching religious leaders to spread the guilt, but they sure didn't like the religious involvement during the Prop 8 debacle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• 8676608_400x400.jpg PRO-BAMA image by oxnard331

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am atheist and why would I be upset? I dont understand how he is violating separation of church and state? Because of his wording or because he was speaking to religious leader to begin with? Please clarify why you are upset about this (without bashing our president because then your post loses originality...lol.)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• good for you anon. good for you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Ok, for the first poster they are two totally different things. Obama is speaking to a wide range of religions at once
    Prop 8 was in favor of ONE religion (mainly) and that was the ONLY reason it was even an issue to begin with, for religious reasons because people cant just let other people live their lives. Talk about too much government involvement......
    Health care is something that we are ALL in together....regardless of religion although I dont see how speaking to a bunch of religious leaders is going to help any.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:31 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Health care is something that we are ALL in together....regardless of religion although I dont see how speaking to a bunch of religious leaders is going to help any.

Exactly.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• He has NO right to bring religion into this! You don't want my religion in your government, then stay the he** away from my religion with your agenda!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Trying to use religion to guilt people into supporting the bill is heinous.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Seperation of church and state is only used when it is convenient. Its funny how weveryone wantsto critic his words but let Bush jack up whole speechs fro 8 years

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• about one religion? as IF lol yes christianity is the only religion that does not agree with gay marriage.WOW the ignorance and you made no sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Aug. 21, 2009