What is the best way to potty train a 2 1/2 year old boy?

He is stuborn and I am tiried of him coming at me with crap on his hands . Plus we can never tell when he is pooping either. Haven't been able to tell since he was about 7 months old.

Proudmom2Stone

Asked by Proudmom2Stone at 10:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Patience is the first thing. If he is coming at you with "crap on his hands", as you say, is he not understanding where he is supposed to go, or how to wipe? Maybe he just needs a little more help? What I did was just put them in some undies, that I let them pick out, when we were at home. Every hour or so I would take them in the bathroom and set them on the potty and tell them it was pee pee-poo poo time, just to let them get the idea. The would need help with wiping and all but that is normal. They caught on eventually and would start going one their own... but with accidents occasionaly, as per the norm. But honestly mine weren't potty trained until 3 1/2.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009