Whats the difference between a married SAHM and a single SAHM?

Honestly, I am a married SAHM and i never bash another mom for receiving PA because i don't even bring home an income myself. What gives a married SAHM the right to bash a single SAHM for being on welfare? Please explain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm all for SAHMs no matter what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Because the married one isn't living off the government. So that means the married one doesn't effect me but the single one I'm paying for her to be a SAHM while my husband and I work our butts off because I can't be a SAHM cause in essence we're paying people to be on PA.
    Anonymous

• I would understand your frustration anon. You work and pay taxes and might be pissed to see another mom receiving welfare while staying home. But i dont understand the frustration coming from Married SAHM's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• JUST BECAUSE YOUR A SAHM DOESN'T MEAN YOUR ON PA. I'M A SAHM AND I'M NOT ON PA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm the second anon- I have no problem with WOMEN being SAHM's as long as they are pulling their own weight and paying their own bills.. its when they live off PA and think its okay and they have the right to be a SAHM when it becomes a problem. Hey if you are single SAHM but not living on PA then good for you... but it doesn't make me happy knowing I would love to be home with my kids but I can't yet in essence I am paying others to stay home with their kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• How can you be a single SAHM and get PA? In my state you have to work a certain number of hours per week to get assistance.

While I'm all for mother's staying at home with children, if you are single that is just not an option.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'd imagine because if you are married your husband is working and paying taxes and contributing to society. IF you are single, where are you getting your support form? I doubt alimony and child support would be enough for you to stay home on in most cases. If you want kids, earn them support them, care for them. Don't much off the government unless you're willing to put into the gov't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The thing is why should you stay home when you should work instead of just living off PA?
    I mean if you even work part time and getting PA at least your not just being a leech. and you are tring.
    I think being a SAHM is great and every woman should do it but there are things these days that stop it and I just dont think you should stay home and not at least try to work instead of just living 100% off PA when PA is supposed to be a temp help not a lifetime thing.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• UST BECAUSE YOUR A SAHM DOESN'T MEAN YOUR ON PA. I'M A SAHM AND I'M NOT ON PA.

She said a SINGLE tay at home mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I'm a single mostly SAHM and I don't get PA at all. Unless you count my daughters medi-cal. I'm in school full time and living with MY parents so that my daughter can have a future. I also work 2 days a week if there's work to do(take my DD with me). I've met SAHMs who just had enough money to do that, or were living off of alimony/cs. Don't assume that all single moms need/get PA.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2009