What grocery product can you NOT get the store brand of? For me it's mayo. It MUST be Hellmans!!!

How about you???

MommaToSam

Asked by MommaToSam at 10:42 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I agree with the mayo, because I frigging HATE mayo, we use Miricle Whip, and I don't think they make a store brand of that. Also things like tampons, they have to be Tampax, ummm, deodorant, my hubby and I have certain brands that we like. With razor blades it is the same way. There are some chips like Dorito's Cool Ranch. And my Diet Coke. I don't care what anybody says, the generic 'diet cola' is not the same it is gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I have to have Tide and bounce lol

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with mayo too but for me it has to be Kraft. I haven't tried Hellman's yet. I always buy brand name soap and shampoo, too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• oh i also agree with anon :46 i must have brand name laundry soap, Gain for this household!
    tnm786

• Ketchup and macaroni and cheese, I can't stand anything but Heinz and Kraft! If anyone knows a good detergent for a front loader washing machine let me know, I used to love Tide, but the version of HE is not the same!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:54 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• OP ~ I agree with you 100%. Hellman's is the ONLY mayo I can stomach, too.
    Let's see, laundry detergent, toilet paper, shampoo, shower gels/washes, chips, cereals, pancake mix and syrup, diapers, and I'm sure there are a few other things that I can't think of right now.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:25 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I won't buy store brands of big name brands of things. An Oreo is an Oreo no exceptions. Same with Dorito's, Helmans, and Coke, or other kinds of pop. Then there are just some things you can't screw up, so I buy the store brands, like crackers, sugar etc.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Hellman's mayonnaise and Heinz ketchup. These are not up for discussion, ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My DF is the SAME way about the Mayo thing! We have to get Hellman's (Best Foods) or it's nothin'. One time, I got Kraft and he flipped, lol. My mom is the same way. There was a store brand on sale: BOGO free, and she wished I hadn't taken advantage of that. The only thing I can think of that I MUST have name brand is Kraft Singles American Cheese. I like the way that kind melts and everything else is not good enough for my grilled cheese.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:28 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Miracle Whip or Mayo (Best foods)
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 21, 2009