Would you let your 16 year old daughter get her belly button pierced?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I can not speak for you or your daughter but I have a sister who our mom told her no she could not get it done and she pierced it herself and ended up in the hosp for a week with an infection. so i would say its not wrong to let her do it i mean at some point we have to realize that we dont live in the 90's anymore kids grow up faster now and if we dont let them do somethings then they are going to find ways to rebel and do worse. good luck with your decision hope it works out.
    Quintensmom

Answer by Quintensmom at 10:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• YES I WOULD. MY DD IS JUST TURNED 13 AND SHE WANTS HER LIP PIERCED. I'M REALLY THINKING ABOUT LETTING HER. I KNOW I WOULD IF SHE WAS 16.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't unless I wanted my daughter to think it was okay to show off her stomach and have guys tel her it's sexy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• if you let her wear belly shirts why not.but if not then whats the point.i got mine when i was 17 about to be 18.i was more responsible and planning on having it for summer trips to the beaches.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:01 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No I wouldn't let mine. When they are 18 and over they can do what they want as long as it's legal.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• yeah. i got mine pierced at 15. but my mom dint signed my sister did. my mom didnt wnat me too but she said if luisa(sister) gets her then you can get yours. my sister was 20 and she was likeill get mine if you pay for it. so i had to come up with $300 and i did cuz it was my bday and i got $500 from friends and family. i took it off when i got preggo with my first at 19.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes...and I did, my oldest dd and my next oldest dd got thiers done togather, they were 15 and 16.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:18 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I personally feel it's disfiguring, but whatever floats your canoe. I have told my own daughter, she can do the piercing thing when she's eighteen and not a day sooner.
    JewelzMeow

Answer by JewelzMeow at 11:26 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Hell no my mom wouldnt let me till i turned 18 and by then i was smart enough not to get one just think do want guys lookin at her face or her belly??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• H3ll no!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Aug. 21, 2009