Lap Band who has one ?? and what can you share with me how you feel about it?

I have been looking into getting the lapband, and I have backed out 2 times for the fear of throwing up all the time , but i'm almost 40 and have fought weight since a child, and I just want to be thin , I lost 60 pounds 2 years ago but cant seem to keep it off , I ride bikes walk watch what i eat, but at times i get down and just lay around, I just want to be thin and stay thin !!

mrkrabspearl

Asked by mrkrabspearl at 10:58 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I don't have one, but I know someone who does. She very, very rarely throws up, it worked for her.
    FYI, you really need to keep up with getting fills, though, because if you don't you won't continue to lose the weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I had bypass years ago. Great results firs 6 or 8 years. Now I am gaining more and more weight. I think lap bad or bypass are both wonderful tools to help, but through doing lots of wrong things and eating like I would never have to worry about weight..WRONG!!! If you have a surgeon that specializes in lapband and keep up with taking care of yourself and eating the right foods you'll do great. I know of 2 people who have lapband and don't have problems with throwing up. When I do rarely get to the thorow up point....it's ALWAYS my choosing the wrong food or not chewing properly....Do your homework and look at bypass option...it's now laproscopic and if I hadn't had it done, I would probably weigh 400 pounds. Good luck.
    yoyodieter

Answer by yoyodieter at 11:12 PM on Aug. 22, 2009