Used Cribs

How do you feel about used cribs? Would you buy one for your baby?

Asked by Tiera12 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, I found one on Craigslist, and it is beautiful, and the lady is only selling it for $75. The thing that I love about it is that it is a convertable crib, which my current one isn't. It is only a year old, and the reason they are selling it so cheap is they are moving. I will obviously inspect it before I purchase it, but she has a receipt from when it was purchased, a year ago.

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I would only if I knew the people that bought it before. But honestly it's no big deal. Only if you are superstitious or something.

Answer by mschanng at 11:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Check and see if it had been recalled first... If not , I would

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with used cribs! We were fortunate enough to have a family member give us a gently used crib for our son. There was nothing wrong with it at all. If it weren't for that family member giving us that crib, we wouldn't have been able to buy a new one.
    Like somebody else said, just make sure you inspect it well, and make sure there are no recalls on it.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• If we didn't have a used crib we wouldn't have had one right away with our oldest. Our friends gave us a whole set, crib, dresser and changing table for free. It is older, about 14 years old, but meets the guidelines and hasn't been recalled. It was a blessing to get it. It is now being used by our third baby.

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• For dd my cousin gave us a beautiful cherry wood sleigh crib,then for ds we were also given a cherry wood crib & it also converts to a toddler bed. I see nothing wrong w/it as long as they are in good shape.

Answer by briannasmom2 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• We bought a gently used crib and changing table from Craigslist for $125. Make sure if you purchase used that the crib still has the serial number on it, you can go online and check to see if it has been recalled. It saves a lot of money if you can buy used.

Answer by emnasmom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it either. I bought a really expensive crib and my daughter never slept in it!

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 12:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Honestly I wouldn't. If you do I'd suggest making sure it hasn't been recalled.

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009