everytime I wash clothes I get blue stans on our clothes even my newborns stuff..

what is going on? and I can't get them out either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you washing them with blue jeans or some other blue item? This happens to me, too, and I learned to just wash dark clothing with blue jeans and keep anything lighter than the blue stains in a separate load.
    Hope this helps.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:19 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• By the way, have you tried that Oxy stuff or Spray N Wash to get the blue stains out?
    PrydferthMenyw

• Is your detergent blue? I had that problem when I used cholorox 2, the "color safe bleach".. the detergent was a dark blue color and it turned all of our clothes blue, or gave them a blue tint. It sucked. and yea, Oxy clean is good to get the color out. Just put a scoop in with the load.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yeah I done the same thing. I will try it because we had just got home from Belk's BRAND new clothes ($200.00 worth, still don't know what I washed with them...) and I washed them and sure enought..... Blue all over everything! UGH I was pissed but I will have to try that. Don't see how its gonna work being as it is dye off of the other clothes but hey I'll give it a shot.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The shout color catchers work wonders for keeping anything from bleeding out onto other clothes in the washer. Simply throw a sheet into the washer when you start the laundry and anything that bleeds soaks into that sheet and then you throw it away. Not sure how it works, but it does.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 11:43 AM on Aug. 21, 2009

• It also just occurred to me that I had to stop using Downy and Snuggle liquid fabric softeners because they were leaving blue and greasy-looking spots on some of our clothing.
    I switched to the Walmart brand of liquid fabric softener so I can still use my Downy ball dispenser (I love that thing!) and have had NO problems since.

I like the idea of the Shout color catchers....great idea for new clothing. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:16 PM on Aug. 21, 2009