how to make this not normal thingy go away

My fingers are so swollen they hurt when I bend them...and the tips are so swollen they feel like rocks (they are really hard) and they are red, red, red! Its only my fingers, nothing else is that swollen...I've been drinking tons and tons of water, and I elevate my feet at night, but what can I do to prevent my fingers from getting this swollen?! I can't even write anything! HELP!!!!
P.S.
It is normal..lol

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you pregnant? Either way it's not normal for the swelling to not go down after doing all the things you mentioned above. Give your doctor a call.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 12:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• yea I'm pregnant, I'm 36wks...with a breech baby, it's my first and every1 is telling me its normal
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• You are pregnatn and they are that bad you should see your dr right away .
    My dr said if it ever got that bad that it may be preeclampsia.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• The only time my hands ever did that was when I was really swollen. I had edema really bad and high blood pressure. Sodium also did that to me when I was pregnant. My dr's told me the only "cure" for edema was to have the baby. Which isn't true, bc the swelling got worse for the first few weeks post-partum. I would suggest going to the doctor and checking your BP. I had to be induced early because my swelling and BP got too bad. But for the most part, I think most pregnant women get it to some degree.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:10 PM on Aug. 21, 2009