help my 1 year old is calling the wrong guy daddy

a good good friend of mines is always around her ..her real father doesnt live in the same state as us so she doean't get to see him that often...but now she's calling my friend dada..he doesnt have a problem with it but how do i break her out of that ..she doenst even call her real dad dada..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get a different nickname for the guy. my name is Lisa, and my nephew called me LaLa when he was little (that's where i got part of my screen name from (: ) it'll catch on after a while.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• My daughter calls everyone daddy. I'm often daddy and her daddy is often mom :p It's a thing they do. Just keep calling your friend his acutal name and the baby will get it :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• agree atl13 ... play the naming game frequently... baby mommy joe baby mommy leg table chair cracker mommy joe.

if your friendship progresses she can call him joedaddy and birth daddy can be mydaddy... something like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Poor little girl. That's what you get from having kids out of wedlock or not taking a marriage seriously which ever your case may be.

Anonymous

• anonymous 12:21 ..please dont judge ..you dont know my situation..you dont know if i was raped or not ..you dont know if i was even married ...if you dont wanna answer the question keep it moving miss...and you say poor little girl ..she's well taking care of and surrounded by plenty of people who love and care for her ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I think your concern is quite common. Kids have seen my husband in the store and called him daddy. They just see a man and they are all daddy's. It'll pass if you keep telling her the persons name. I wouldn't worry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I agree with anon 128
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:17 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• There's a little boy at my son's daycare, and every time he sees me, he says "Hi mommy" clear as day. i always laugh it off... the daycare said a lot of kids do that to every mommy or daddy that comes through the door. as long as you don't call him daddy, and he's fine with it... just keep reminding her what his name is. eventually, she'll get it. my son called everyone mamama for the longest time. even dad was mama lol... Now he's dad & i'm MA! lol he can never just say it, only yell it @ the top of this lungs.

Good luck!!!
    adrians_mommy

Answer by adrians_mommy at 6:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009