What are your favorite "off brands"???

Someone asked what are name brand items you have to have...and I was wondering if anyone preferred a store brand product over the name brand?

For me I like the wal-mart version of Hamburger Helper way better!!!! I also prefer Kroger's cheap macaroni and cheese...spiral, three cheese...etc!

Rebecca727

Asked by Rebecca727 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• for me any stores milk is good, but the store brand mac n cheese is the best! also the cereal is usually good too!

but a little tip you guys might not have known...my mother works in recieving of walmart and said the walmart brand milk comes off of the oakhurst truck...they are both manufactured the same!!!! also goes with walmarts bread, it comes off the nissen truck!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I shop at Kroger and at first I was all about name brand, but then I bought a Kroger brand and they taste the freaking same, just cheaper....
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I actually like walmarts brand of shells and cheese over velveeta brand. But ya I usually buy store brand since they are cheaper
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Aldi brand! Can't tell the difference in anything except the vanilla wafers.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:12 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Oddly I get an upset stomach with alot of off brands IDK why but lol .
    I do however love VONS store brand foods.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I just found out that I like the Harris Teeter cereal bars a lot more than the Nutrigrain bars.
    mommy2aftan

Answer by mommy2aftan at 12:26 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• WINN-DIXIE STORE BRAND PRODUCTS ARE AMAZING THE HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS ARE BETTER THEN THE REAL ONES ALSO THERE HAMBURGER HELPER IS AMAZING ....I LOVE THERE PIZZA'S AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING IS HIGH QUALITY !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Some of Walmart brand products are awesome, especially they're salsa! Surprisingly, the Walmart brand is the only one I have found to make Back Bean and White Corn salsa, I'm addicted!!

I got to looking at my Walmart brand chloroseptic spray the other day, and it's actually produced by Chloraseptic brand, but sells for cheaper. Sometimes off-brand is the same as name brand if you read the label.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I love Walmarts liquid fabric softener - it is wonderful! I also prefer to purchase all our OTC meds in the store brand because they are exactly the same as the name brand, work just as well, but save a ton of money over the year. Garbage bags! Walmart sells the BEST 33 gallon garbage bags. If you like trail mix then you will LOVE Walmart's trail mix with the Sam's name right on the bag (we buy them at Walmart store). They have different types of trail mixes and my favorite type is the Indulgent trail mix - soooo yummy!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:58 PM on Aug. 21, 2009