What kind of tests should a student have if bitten by another classmate?

My 6 year old son was bitten by a classmate and I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Kids' Health

• If the skin isn't broken, there is nothing that needs to be done other than keeping it clean. Wash it with soap and water.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• call your doctor. did it break the skin? my daughter was bitten by our cat and got a bad infection, she had to go through several rounds of iv antibiotics. no matter what doc says keep an eye out for streaks of read from bite mark outward - that's infection. then get to an e r or doc right away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Unless the skin was broken, there isnt anything to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Even if the skin did break, they will just tell you to clean it thoroughly and apply some anti-biotic ointment. Keep an eye on it. If it doesn't begin to get infected, don't worry about it. Most infections set in because the wound wasn't cleaned properly or because it wasn't kept clean.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:11 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Put neosporin on it and keep it clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• depends on if it broke the skin. If it did, ask the doc. My main concer would be if the child that bit had a communicable disease. And if you were at school when it happened, I think they are required to let you know of the issue if they know. chances are there's nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 21, 2009