Would you ever donate your body to science?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:24 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I plan on it. There are so many things wrong they will have a blast with me.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• LOL no .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I plan on doing it too....why bury its not like when Im died Im going to NEED my body
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• NO. I find the thought of people gawking at, slicing and disecting my carcass gross.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No way!! Have you read anything about the UCLA willed body parts case? My FIL is part of this case. It is a very wonderful and thoughtful idea but there are so many weirdos out there wanting to make a buck. I think it is rare but after what this family has been through-NO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I've actually considered donating my body to the forensics school somewhere in the eastern part of the country. Not only would they be learning something but I'd be decomposting back into the earth, hopefully right under a tree.
    crittermomma

Answer by crittermomma at 1:05 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Yes I would, I plan to donate my body as a cadaver for med students. I think it is important, no to mention cheaper for my loved ones to dispose of my carcass. lol
    wearygram

Answer by wearygram at 1:13 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• No, I already know what is wrong with my body. One extra rib, 3 exra bones in my feet, fused spine, missing third of hyoid bone, dysrhythmic heart, tumors, and memory loss. See, now they don't need me when I'm dead - they can just view my x-ray's, CT scans, and MRI's. I'm sure the surgeons would be happy to share their notes with them, too, on my various procedures...lol.

I kind of need my body when I'm dead or my family won't be able to say goodbye to anything in the casket before it goes down into the ground. I know it would have bothered me if my previous family members weren't in their coffins before being buried.

I think science has enough to work with - I'm just a dud. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:50 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Everything that can be used will be harvested from me when I die. My brain will be donated for AVM (Arterio-Venous Malformation) research. Then what ever is left over my family can dispose of as they deem necessary to their mourning and healing process. Donating ones body to science is a decision that should definitely involve the family - since they are the ones who have to go about conscience of 'what might' be happening to the body of their loved one - some can handle it just fine - others may not.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:21 AM on Aug. 22, 2009