Rocks, crystals, pendents....questions for Wiccan and Pagans.

Is the a rock, stone, crystal, pendents (necklace) that helps with tranquality? Is there one that helps to center oneselve?

I am asking for myself and my husband. I am Wiccan and he is Pagan. He really needs something to help him stay focused and tranqual. He is the middle of a worker's comp case and we are behide due to all the rain we had last month. He is very upset and needs to find some peace.

For me, I have 3 boys under 2 at home by myself all day then at 3p.m. our 6 yr dd comes home. I needs all the peace and use I can get.

I am still new to this so I am not casting any spells yet so I thought a rocks crystal, ect. might help.

IF you know of one can you tell me where to find it. Thanks.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 12:40 PM on Aug. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Amethyst(I wear an Ametrine and its good for centering and meditation).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I use hematite for grounding, tranquility and emotional clarity. Amethyst is a good one too.
    AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Off the top of my head, I have to second the amethyst recommendation.

Also, I would recommend looking into getting a copy of Holland's Grimoire of Magickal Correspondences by Eileen Holland...its a big book of correspondences--colors, herbs, stones, deities, incenses, etc that is indexed by purpose--love, peace, etc...which makes it VERY handy when it comes to getting correspondence ideas for spells and rituals. You can then take those ideas and cross-reference the specific item in a book on herbs or stones, etc for a better match.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 1:04 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• I am not a pagan, but I do believe very strongly in the healing powers of gems and crystals. I would have to go with the majority - Amethyst!!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Another thing you can do for peace and balance is devotionals. It's not spell-work, and it takes only as long as you want. When I first started out, I would do daily devotionals that were pretty simple and helped me center and balance. Basically, all you need are three candles, incense, salt, and water. Two of the three candles are the Goddess and God candles, the third to represent the fire element, salt for earth, water for water, incense for air. I would set up my altar, light what needed to be lit, and just sit back and... chill. I would open myself up to the Lord and Lady, the energy, say whatever felt right. In the beginning I didn't adhere to any specific deity, so I would use general terms when calling on the Lord and Lady.I found it to be very peaceful and relaxing.

Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 1:52 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Actually Aquamarine would be better.

Here is a great site with a page just for gem lore... http://uk.geocities.com/paganeagle2001/index.html

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:08 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Rose Quartz helps sooth my emotions when I need something calming. It is a pink stone, but if he is not adverse to wearing it--or carrying it in a pocket--I think it will help you both. The amethyst is good for restoring the spirit and strengthening.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:41 PM on Aug. 21, 2009

• Turquoise is an excellent stone for combatting emotions that cause unsettle.

Picture jasper is very powerful for grounding and centering. It brings the elements of earth to help one feel as if they have their feet firmly planted on the ground.

Labradorite is also a very good stone for grounding. Unlike hematite wich absorbs negative energy before hitting the etheral and physical bodies, labradorite actually deflects it away. At the same time it offers an overall sense of peace and control.

Nehalennia

Answer by Nehalennia at 8:34 PM on Aug. 21, 2009